What is it?!
Tropico 6 y’all!
The latest game in the Tropico series! I loved number 5 but sadly did not obsessively play it as much as Tropico 4.
There isn’t really a blurb for the game but if you really want to break it down – think of Tropico as Sim City but if it was run by a Cuban dictator. It’s a world building simulation set in a banana republic kind of island where you try and juggle the political, economical, and social issues of the island as you try and stay in power throughout the ages.
Continue reading “Anticipated Arrival: Tropico 6”
El Presidente is back!
Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
Prepare yourself for an incredibly self indulgent post about all the things I want for Xmas!
Candy Mountain Yule Log
Quick run down: Every year I try and buy a few of these limited release bubble bars. The bars smell amazing and are so easy to use. You simply crumble them under a running tap and bam – you have a bubble bath.
It appears that this year instead of being little pyramids, Lush has made them into a bit more manageable shape. I usually try and grab as many as I can in the online boxing day sales but I never turn them down as a present!
Quick reasons why I love it:
- The Smell: They are amazing – a soft and sweet vanilla.
- The Luxury: Bubble baths are a large part of my self care routine and these beauties make them all the more luxurious.
Quick run down: I have sunk so many hours into the Tropico games. Tropico 6 is a simulation game where you play as El Presidente, a ‘legally’ elected leader of a Caribbean/Cubanesque island.
Pretty much this is Sims City but on a island with a catchy soundtrack.
Quick reasons why I love it:
- The Soundtrack: the Latin jazz sounds that play throughout each of the Tropico games.
- The Humour: the humour of the game is really tongue in check. The reoccurring characters of the game are also really fun.
The Lunar Chronicles Box-set
by Melissa Meyer
Quick run down: Okay so stay with me on this one, I own Cinder and Winter. However, I do not have the other books. I also love box sets so…
If you don’t know the series, I would really recommend you check out it out! The books are retellings of classic fairy tale and they are all interconnected and amazing. I tend to recommend the series to young adults at the library and I haven’t had any complaints yet.
Quick reasons why I love the series:
- The larger story: The five books all interconnect to tell a larger story. I’m just going to let you in on a secret, the ‘Winter‘ book is about ‘Snow White’ and the other characters from the book all join together and there are ‘seven’ of them… Yep details like that make me so happy!
- The covers: I know a lot of people give Cinder a tough time about the cover – what with the whole weird looking foot in a shoe but I love it and I love them all!.