New Year, new blog feature! I’ve decided to try and write one Self Care Orientated post a month. Most of the time this will mean a post about a fancy bath bomb but others may include reviews or discussions on other things that help me deal with stress.
I think Self Care is important and I hope you enjoy the new feature ❤
Polyamorous by Lush
A little extra lovin’ goes a long way. Pop this melting amulet of amour into your bath and feel waves of skin-softening Fair Trade organic cocoa and organic shea butter cherish your skin.
Taken from the Australian Lush site.
Plumes of soft pink magic will unfurl across the water, as brightening Brazilian orange oil, alluring violet leaf absolute and grounding sandalwood notes put you in the mood.
Oh my goodness, Polyamorous by Lush was beautiful. I don’t usually enjoy bath oils or melts but this was absolutely amazing. Watching as Polyamorous melted was an enjoyable experience, seeing the pink hearts slowly dissolve and tinge the water was really lovely.
Continue reading “Self Care Saturday: Polyamorous by Lush”
Prepare yourself for an incredibly self indulgent post about all the things I want for Xmas!
Candy Mountain Yule Log
Quick run down: Every year I try and buy a few of these limited release bubble bars. The bars smell amazing and are so easy to use. You simply crumble them under a running tap and bam – you have a bubble bath.
It appears that this year instead of being little pyramids, Lush has made them into a bit more manageable shape. I usually try and grab as many as I can in the online boxing day sales but I never turn them down as a present!
Quick reasons why I love it:
- The Smell: They are amazing – a soft and sweet vanilla.
- The Luxury: Bubble baths are a large part of my self care routine and these beauties make them all the more luxurious.
Quick run down: I have sunk so many hours into the Tropico games. Tropico 6 is a simulation game where you play as El Presidente, a ‘legally’ elected leader of a Caribbean/Cubanesque island.
Pretty much this is Sims City but on a island with a catchy soundtrack.
Quick reasons why I love it:
- The Soundtrack: the Latin jazz sounds that play throughout each of the Tropico games.
- The Humour: the humour of the game is really tongue in check. The reoccurring characters of the game are also really fun.
The Lunar Chronicles Box-set
by Melissa Meyer
Quick run down: Okay so stay with me on this one, I own Cinder and Winter. However, I do not have the other books. I also love box sets so…
If you don’t know the series, I would really recommend you check out it out! The books are retellings of classic fairy tale and they are all interconnected and amazing. I tend to recommend the series to young adults at the library and I haven’t had any complaints yet.
Quick reasons why I love the series:
- The larger story: The five books all interconnect to tell a larger story. I’m just going to let you in on a secret, the ‘Winter‘ book is about ‘Snow White’ and the other characters from the book all join together and there are ‘seven’ of them… Yep details like that make me so happy!
- The covers: I know a lot of people give Cinder a tough time about the cover – what with the whole weird looking foot in a shoe but I love it and I love them all!.