I’m a big fan of Christmas movies but not so much the rinse and repeat story lines and sometimes tripe sentiments that they spew out. Give me a good movie that takes place around the holiday period, I love seeing Christmas being celebrated in the background.
So please enjoy my infographic that I threw together about non traditional Christmas films.
Prepare yourself for an incredibly self indulgent post about all the things I want for Xmas!
Candy Mountain Yule Log
Quick run down: Every year I try and buy a few of these limited release bubble bars. The bars smell amazing and are so easy to use. You simply crumble them under a running tap and bam – you have a bubble bath.
It appears that this year instead of being little pyramids, Lush has made them into a bit more manageable shape. I usually try and grab as many as I can in the online boxing day sales but I never turn them down as a present!
Quick reasons why I love it:
- The Smell: They are amazing – a soft and sweet vanilla.
- The Luxury: Bubble baths are a large part of my self care routine and these beauties make them all the more luxurious.
Quick run down: I have sunk so many hours into the Tropico games. Tropico 6 is a simulation game where you play as El Presidente, a ‘legally’ elected leader of a Caribbean/Cubanesque island.
Pretty much this is Sims City but on a island with a catchy soundtrack.
Quick reasons why I love it:
- The Soundtrack: the Latin jazz sounds that play throughout each of the Tropico games.
- The Humour: the humour of the game is really tongue in check. The reoccurring characters of the game are also really fun.
The Lunar Chronicles Box-set
by Melissa Meyer
Quick run down: Okay so stay with me on this one, I own Cinder and Winter. However, I do not have the other books. I also love box sets so…
If you don’t know the series, I would really recommend you check out it out! The books are retellings of classic fairy tale and they are all interconnected and amazing. I tend to recommend the series to young adults at the library and I haven’t had any complaints yet.
Quick reasons why I love the series:
- The larger story: The five books all interconnect to tell a larger story. I’m just going to let you in on a secret, the ‘Winter‘ book is about ‘Snow White’ and the other characters from the book all join together and there are ‘seven’ of them… Yep details like that make me so happy!
- The covers: I know a lot of people give Cinder a tough time about the cover – what with the whole weird looking foot in a shoe but I love it and I love them all!.
Once again we find ourselves with a large gap in between posts, and once again I offer the same excuse. I’m just so tired. Due to this posts often get put so way behind on my priorities, but fret not you’ll get random posts.
Last month was a bit of a blur for me but there were some stand outs amongst the noise.
Sia – This is Acting
I have always been aware of Sia, especially her early work within Australia, however her last album and this new one have grabbed my attention. Where 1,000 Forms of Fear was a evolution of her personal style, This is Acting is Sia hitting her mark. The album is solid from start to end, I can say that I am a fan of every song on the album and often find myself sneaking a headphone in and listening to it at work.
One thing you can always count Sia to be is lyrically impressive; This is Acting is once again testament to her emotive skills as a songwriter. I would definitely recommend people press play and give this a listen.
Stand outs on the album for me are: Move Your Body, Unstoppable, Broken Glass and the heart wrenching Alive.
Continue reading “Small Snippet of September 2015”