How have I only just found out about this show?!
I love Ben Elton – why is this only just coming to my attention 😥😥😥 Either way I have binged the first season of this show and absolutely love it!
Continue reading “Small Snippet of April 2019”
Star Trek Original Series – Season One
Years ago, when my partner and I first got together we were watching Star Trek: Next Generation and each remarked how we had never seen the original series, despite being fans of the show. This conversation soon evolved to us promising ourselves that we would one day make our way through the whole series in chronological order.
Continue reading “Small Snippet of March 2019”
The first month of 2019 has been good and bad. I managed to achieve a bunch so far this year in regards to getting blog posts up and ready as well as tackling my Netgalley ARC list. However, it’s been tough at work with a staff member who I worked closely with, suddenly passing away over the holiday break.
Unfortunately I was unable to attend her funeral as there were too many staff attending for everyone to be able to go 😢 It has made returning to work very bittersweet and I have found myself at times upset and short tempted while working with the public. So just remember everyone that library staff are people too and your behaviour does affect them.
*Looking at you snooty lady who wouldn’t take no for an answer when I wouldn’t sign her granddaughter up to the library (you’re not the legal guardian and didn’t have any ID – so no you weren’t entitled to a card just because) and angry dude who lost ‘two years of work’ when the 15 minute computer turned off when the time ran out (it totally gave you repeated warnings and yelling at me solved nothing). 😓😅 Rant over.
Moving on, below are some of the things I have been interacting with and enjoying over the month 😃
Brooklyn 99 – Season 5.
Omg, Brooklyn 99 just keeps getting better! There were so many amazing moments in this season, I can’t pick a favourite buuut stand outs were:
- Rosa coming out as bisexual – that speech by Jake while he was pretending to be Rosa coming out to her parents had me tearing up. So great to see some bisexual representation ❤
- The wedding vows – Man, I was emotional throughout the whole season but I was in tears and sob laughing during the wedding scene. ‘Your butt. Your butt is the bomb’ was so sweet and funny and just encapsulates why I love those two as a couple.
- That interrogation episode – If you haven’t seen it check out the episode ‘The Box.’ Such an amazing episode!
Continue reading “Small Snippet of January 2019”
I have a few things that I would like to get done in 2019 and since I like making lists, I thought I would share them with you all. I really want to focus on getting things done that I have been putting off for ages – a lot of these things are ones I’ve previously started or got half way through and then gave up. So 2019 is the year of the reread – rewatch – and the replay.
It’s not like I have enough to read as it is, I want to go back and give a bunch of series a reread. They’re either ones that I never finished or ones from my childhood that I want to see if they hold up.
The below aren’t really specific titles but rather authors or series that I have seen around and I want to see what they’re like.
√ Finally start a Katie Ruggle book (also known as Katie Allen)
- Read a Mills and Boons Nocturne book.
- A Dreamspun Beyond book 😦 It used to be a subscription but now they’re single purchase books. Waaaah, I wanted to try a subscription 😛
√ Watch more than the first episode of Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency.
I have so many games that I am half way through and really need to finish. I have a tendency to not finish a game even though I am really near the end because I think I need to keep playing and experiencing more of the story.
- Mass Effect 3 – my save file from Mass Effect 2 corrupted 😥 and I need to go back and play the last boss battle to get it back. It was such a blow that I haven’t been back but I just really love the series and need to finish it!
- Dream Daddy.
- The Men of Yoshiwara: Kukuya.
- Dragon Age – you may have noticed I have a weakness for choice based role play games. Especially ones that have an easy difficulty level.