I hope everyone has enjoyed the month of romance themed posts ❤ I promise next month isn’t as focused on the genre, however you’re almost always guaranteed to find a romance themed post at least once a month. So hopefully you didn’t hate it too much 😋
Captain Underpants Series by Dav Pilkey.
Okay, so I haven’t read these books since I was a kid and eagerly awaiting each new publication. It recently came to my attention that my library had the complete collection on one of our eBook apps.
So needless to say, I borrowed them all and started devouring them over the course of this month. They’re just as great as I remember, so fun, and so excellently self referential.
Palo Santo by Years and Years
I know this album has been out for a while now but it has been in heavy rotation for me this month. I just really enjoy Years and Years sound and Palo Santo is just such a great second album.
The excellent short film and visually stunning music clips that the band have produced are just icing on the cake of this amazing album. Stand out favourites for me are ‘If You’re Over Me,’ ‘Lucky Escape,’ and ‘Don’t Panic.’
Just a quick comment to say: DON’T GO TO WORK SICK!
A number of people I work closely with came to work while they were quite ill and surprise, I got sick too. It was even more of a bummer because I had to miss out on a Ninja Sex Party concert. It’s okay, it’s only the first time they’ve ever come to Australia 😥
So to recap:
DON’T BE A DICK AND GO TO WORK SICK!
Update on my 2019 goals.
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency – Season 1 has been watched and very much enjoyed. I absolutely loved how the story all came together. The show had a marvellous way of not leaving episodes on cliffhangers but left you interested in what would happen next – I had a truly terrible early morning at work because I stayed up til 3am waiting the show. Bring on Season 2!
Posts from January
- My Life in Lists by Nicole Barlettano
- Cooking Corner: The Mermaid Cookbook by Alix Carey
- Self Care Saturday: More Tea and Sympathy by Lush
- LLR: The Invisible Ring by Anne Bishop
- Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Comic Book
- Confessions of a Book Lover – I Dog Ear Books
- Book Bingo Update 4
- Small Snippet of April 2019
- Play it Again by Aidan Wayne